We Believe In:
God the Father, Creator of the heavens and the earth, who revealed Himself as Yahweh, the Great “I AM” (Genesis 1, Exodus 3:13-15). God is one (Deuteronomy 6:4, 1 Corinthians 8:6). God is love (1 John 4:16). God is Spirit and He is eternal (John 4:24, 1 Timothy 1:17).
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was born of a virgin. He is the Word (logos), existed in the beginning with God, and became flesh and dwelt among us. (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, John 1:1-2;14). Filled with the fullness of Deity in bodily form, He revealed the nature, character, and will of God the Father (John 14:9, Colossians 1:15, 2:9, Hebrews 1:3). He suffered and died on a cross for all men, and overcame death by resurrecting from the grave on the third day that eternal salvation might be provided to all mankind (1 Timothy 2:5-6, John 1:29). He ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father, where He now makes intercession for us all (Mark 16:19, Hebrews 7:25). He has sent forth the Holy Spirit to indwell and empower believers (John 16:7, Acts 1:8). He must be retained in heaven until the restoration of all things, waiting for His enemies to be made His footstool (Acts 3:21, Hebrews 10:12-13). He is returning for a mature, glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, holy and without blemish (Hebrews 6:1; Ephesians 4:13, 5:25-27). After returning to earth, He will rule as King of Kings and Lord of Lords and all the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of our Lord and His Christ (Revelation 11:15; 19:11-16).
The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father and testifies of Jesus Christ (John 15:26). He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and guides us into all truth (John 16:8,13). He distributes spiritual gifts to every believer as He wills (1 Corinthians 12:11).
The Holy Bible, which is the Word of God and is able to make us wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:15-16)
We Further Believe That:
- One must be born-again, receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, in order to see the Kingdom of God and receive eternal salvation (John 3:3, Romans 10:9-10).
- Believers should be baptized (immersed) in water for the remission of sins and as an answer of a good conscience toward God (Acts 2:38, Acts 18:8, 1 Peter 3:21).
- Believers will be baptized in the Holy Spirit and Fire accompanied by an initial evidence of speaking in tongues and/or prophesying (Acts 1:4-5; 2:4,38; 10:44-47; 19:1-6).
- All gifts of the Holy Spirit are operable in the Church of Jesus Christ today (1 Corinthians 12:1-12).
- Jesus Christ has given the five-fold ministry gifts of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to the Church as an extension of His own ministry, for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:7-12, 1 Corinthians 12:5).
- All believers should make very effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, regardless of denominational affiliation. We recognize all believers in Jesus Christ as members of God’s family, for there is one body and one Spirit. (Ephesians 3:14-15; 4:1-6)
- God is no respecter of persons, for in Christ, “there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28, Acts 10:34)
- A believer’s commitment to and fellowship within a local church body plays a significant role in his/her development and maturity as a Christian, and we should not forsake the assembling of ourselves together. (Acts 2:42, Hebrews 10:25)
- All believers have been given a commission to go into the world and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom (Mark 16:15-20, Matthew 28:18-20).